Let's have an open and constructive community discussion on how planning and regulations can be altered to reduce the personal and financial impact of future flooding in our area.
Topics covered could include:
- Building Design (inlcuding building height limits, groundlevel construction)
- Drainage - public and private
- Waterway Management - dams and dam management, levies, river and creek areas, parklands
- Council Planning - where and how to allow development
- Mitigation of impacts on adjoining areas (physical access, electrial, water, sewage, gas)
- Existing problem areas - what can we do
- Responsibilities - council, state, federal and propery owners
- Response to Flood Events - what could we improve both as a community and at government
- Community Facilities - is there anything more we can do to protect our community facilities
Please post your comment here to help us gain opinions. Also, if you have an idea for a poll we will call for a community vote.