An alliance of local community groups have been formed to coordinate efforts in stopping the proposed Sherwood Bus Depot from proceeding.
The following organisations have officially joined the alliance with others looking to join soon:
- Walter Taylor South Action Group
- Sherwood State School P&C
- St Josephs Corinda P&F
- Graceville P&C
- Staverton Kindergarten
- Help Endangered Local Plan (H.E.L.P.)
These groups are collectively coordinating multiple activities in our area. These include:
- a community protest outside Sherwood State School on Sat. 5th September
- a community petition with no affiliation to any political party.
- encouraging people to express their views by writing a letter.
- Visiting local shops and community facilities and talking to residents to inform them about BCC's plans for a bus depot at Sherwood and how it will impact all residents.
Additionally the alliance group is encouraging all residents to register on the WTSAG website at http://www.wtsag.org.au and post their own comments regarding the proposed Sherwood Bus Depot.
WTSAG President: Andrew Spalding 07 3379 7191 firstname.lastname@example.org
WTSAG Secretary: Leigh Park 0410 417 590 email@example.com